If you’ve tried going with a more natural/non toxic deodorant and haven’t liked the worse than normal musky odor coming from your pits, don’t despair!
There’s a simple solution. If you have been wearing antiperspirant for a while you might be in need of a pit detox before you can switch to a more natural option.
Pit Detox Recipe: (borrowed this from the Wellness Mama site)
You may already have these simple ingredients on hand. You’ll just need bentonite clay, apple cider vinegar and water.
- 1 tablespoon bentonite clay
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 1-2 teaspoons of water (to get right consistency)
- Mix all of the ingredients in a glass bowl (do not use metal!) with a wooden or non-metal spoon until about the consistency of sour cream.
- Spread in an even layer over the armpits and allow to sit for 5-20 minutes. I suggest starting slowly and working up to a longer period of time once you see how your body adjust. If it hurts at all, remove immediately.
- This may cause some redness as it will increase blood-flow to the area, but it will go away quickly.
- Wash off in the shower or with a warm, wet washcloth.
- Repeat daily or as needed until under-arm odor goes away and natural deodorant is non-irritating.