I know I seem a bit stuck on recipes that contain cauliflower, at the moment. It’s not that I’m seeking them out. They just seem to be finding me.
These bagels do contain cauliflower and are a home run! Those of you who are trying to eat gluten- or grain-free or Paleo will love them!
They’re easy to throw together. And don’t worry about not having a donut or bagel pan. A simple baking sheet will do just fine!
1 medium head cauliflower, riced (4 cups) or make life easy with TJ’s cauliflower rice
1/2 cup almond flour
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1 Tablespoon dried onions
½ teaspoon kosher salt
3 large eggs, lightly whisked
4-5 tablespoons “everything bagel” spice (found at TJ’s)
1 small jalapeno pepper diced (optional-to add a kick)
- Preheat the oven to 400°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, mix the cauliflower rice with the almond flour, garlic powder, dried onions and salt. Mix in the whisked eggs and combine.
- Divide the mixture into 8 even pieces. Using your hands, form them into patties. Transfer the patties to the prepared baking sheet and top each with 1 heaping teaspoon of “everything bagel” spice.
- Bake until the rolls are golden brown around the edges and dry to the touch, 35 to 40 minutes.
- Let the rolls cool for 10 minutes on the baking sheet and then carefully transfer to a rack to cool completely.
Eat these with the traditional cream cheese or, better yet, goat cheese slathered on top. You can always top them with capers and smoked salmon, giving them a more traditional New York vibe.
Or let me know how you like to dress them up! 🙂
Nutritional Benefits: Cauliflower along with the rest of the vegetables that belong to the cruciferous family, like broccoli, cabbage, kale, Brussels sprouts, and watercress donate a sulfur group that helps our liver remove toxins. They also supply something called DIM, which helps to remove excess estrogen-important for men as well as women.