There are multiple etiologies for autism. It is important to cast a wide net to discover as many areas of abnormality as possible to determine which treatments are best.
The three Ps of Autism:
- Predisposing factors – genetic, nutritional, environmental, etc.
- Precipitating factors – vaccines, illness, etc.
- Propagating factors – oxidative stress, nutrient deficiencies, etc.
Common imbalances that are seen in autism include:
- derangement of the immune system via gut imbalances
- compromised methylation ability
- compromised sulfation (lowered glutathione)
- Restore intestinal Health and Balance
- Treat Food Sensitivities (gluten, casein and soy) to rid of opiate –like peptides
- Eliminate sources of toxins & support body’s own detox process (methylation & sulfation)
- Restore balance between excitatory and inhibitory transmitters in the brain (use of GABA-L-theanine)
Removing potential toxins:
- Dietary changes-remove gluten and possibly casein
- Eating organic, especially animal products
- Eating GMO free
- Filtered water is a must
- Assess environment
Repair the Gut:
Remove irritants-allergenic foods-mainly gluten-possibly Casein
- Test for and get rid of yeast and bad bacteria overgrowth
- Test for and remove pathogens and parasites
Heal the Gut with:
- Re-innoculate with Probiotics
- Use Enzymes and HCL to aid in digestion
- Vit D
Adequate Sleep-Ca/Mg, valarian root, melatonin, L-theanine
Helpful Testing Options:
Blood/Serum: Homocysteine levels-measure of compromised methylation (liver & brain)
Test for celiac disease and/or gluten and casein intolerance, Vit D status, folic acid levels RBC magnesium and folate.
Genova Labs-Organix Testing
Genova Labs–Gut permeability, pathogens, and function
Genova Labs: Gene testing
To help you implement the 3 P’s of Autism, please call me @949-370-9843.
– See more at: http://www.alivingbalance.blogspot.com/2014/10/a-protocol-for-individuals-on-autistic.html#sthash.RvinmJAZ.dpuf