Gluten Free Cookie Cups
PREP TIME: 10 MINUTES
COOK TIME: 10 MINUTES
TOTAL TIME: 35 MINUTES
YIELD: 12 OATMEAL COOKIE CUPS
2 1/2 cups gluten free oats
3 tablespoons ground flax-meal
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/3 cup real maple syrup
2 tablespoons tahini or almond butter
1/4 cup coconut oil
3 pitted dates finely chopped
1 very ripe banana, mashed well
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
For Serving: Coconut milk or yogurt*
Small handful toasted or raw nuts, cocao nibs**, and fresh berries
- In a large mixing bowl mix together the oats, ground flax and salt.
- In a small saucepan, heat the maple syrup until it begins to bubble. Stir the nut butter in with the maple syrup. Add the rest of the ingredients. Mix the wet mixture with the dry oats until completely combined and all the oats are moistened. Cover the mixing bowl and place in the freezer for 10-15 minutes to chill.
- Meanwhile preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 12-cup muffin pan with butter or oil .
- Remove the dough from the freezer. Divide the dough evenly among the 12 muffin cups. Starting in the middle, press down lightly with your fingers to form a bowl. Press from the bottom up to form the dough around the sides of the cups. If the dough is sticking to your hands try wetting them lightly, but just using messy hands worked best. 🙂
- Bake the cups for 10-15 minutes or until the cookies are lightly golden around the top. Remove from the oven and let cool 5 minutes, then run a butter knife around the edges and carefully dump the cups out.
- Allow the cups to cool or eat warm (this is the best way!). Serve the cups IN A BOWL and pour in some coconut yogurt, coconut milk or goat’s milk. Garnish with fresh berries, cocao nibs(you can substitute with very dark chocolate chocolate chunks in a pinch) and nuts. EAT!
* Link for a very easy coconut yogurt recipe: http://alivingbalance.blogspot.com/2014/08/coconut-yogurt-recipe.html
*Cacao Nibs: is chocolate in its purest form, yielding all of its antioxidant benefits. They are the cacao beans that have been roasted but not processed with alkali and are probably the best dietary source of magnesium, which is a wonderful little mineral that naturally relaxes us. The cacao bean is also a great source of tryptophan which helps with moods. No wonder you crave chocolate when you’re PMSing.