Try this wonderful dish from one of my yoga students, Sara. She also has a wonderful bog www.sproutedkitchen.com Enjoy your weekend!!!
EMERALD SALAD // Serves 4
1 lb. Broccolini
1 lb. Broccoli
1 Lemon, zest and juice-
1 Large Leek
3 tbsp. -Olive Oil
1 tsp. -Black Pepper
3 Cloves Garlic
6 oz. (about 3 Cups) Fresh Spinach,
roughly chopped3/4 Cup Flat Leaf Parsley,
Chopped3/4 Cup Sliced Almonds,
toasted1/2 Cup Feta Cheese
Oven set to 475′
1. Cut the broccoli and broccolini into roughly two inch chunks, on a bias. Using the white and light green parts of the leek, slice length wise and rinse out the dirt. Slice thin. Toss the veggies with the olive oil, pepper and lemon zest.
2. Slice the garlic cloves as thin as possible, no mincing. Add the broccoli mix to a large roasting pan. You don’t want to cram them in a dish as they will end up steaming in their own moisture. Give them space. Sprinkle the garlic slices on top so they feel the direct heat in the oven.
3. At this point, you could cover and wait until you’re getting ready to eat. Or, pop that pan on the top rack of the oven for 12 minutes.
4. Pull out the baking pan, and toss in the spinach, parsley and lemon juice. Toss in the pan so the heat wilts the spinach and the dressing it’s created, distributes. Put in your serving dish and crumble the feta cheese on top.
* This may seem like a lot of parsley, but it’s a lot of broccoli.