- Quick lemonade: 8 oz filtered water, ice, 1-2 oz concentrated lemon juice (read your ingredients-lemon juice only please!), 1 lemon (washed) squeezed-drop the squeezed lemon into the glass.(the rind adds bitters which is very good for digestion and taste). Last is adding stevia to match your sweet palate. A dime piece of fresh ginger adds a nice punch but is optional.
- Cranberry juice drink: 1-2 oz. REAL, UNSWEETENED cranberry juice, 8 oz. filtered water, ice, squeeze of lemon and stevia to taste. (cranberry juice supports the kidneys and urinary tract)
- Homemade Gatorade: 32 oz of green tea, 1/4 tsp Real Salt, 1 tsp. unflavored Natural Calm Calcium-Magnesium powder, 1 Tbsp raw honey and/or stevia. Feel free to add slices of lemon, lime, orange or strawberries to infuse with flavor. To prepare: steep 2 tea bags for 2-3 minutes. Remove the tea bags. Let cool for 10 minutes, then add the Calm, honey/stevia and optional slices of fruit. I like using a large mason jar to prepare and store. For kids, you may want to substitute coconut water and filtered water for the tea. 16 oz of each, the coconut water and filtered water.
- Skinny margarita: 1½ oz tequila and 2 oz lime juice, 1 fresh squeezed lime, and stevia to taste over the rocks or blended. You may want to add a bit (2 oz) of water or soda to dilute the lime juice. Note: the “skinny Margaritas at restaurants are still pretty high in sugar, so request the drink made as outlined above (no agave) and add your own stevia if desired.
- Vodka soda: is a pretty clean-low sugar alcohol. Add soda water, lime and a bit of stevia and it turns into a vodka tonic (well-almost). You can also add a splash of unsweetened cranberry juice for a change of pace.