Batter breads, like this pumpkin bread, are one of my favorite things to whip up. It only take about 15 minutes to throw together, making it easy to have something sweet to enjoy while keeping the carbs and sugars low.
With a handful of simple ingredients you can make this paleo pumpkin bread recipe easily in one bowl ( I prefer two). And it comes out deliciously perfect every time.
You can get all of the ingredients online at Thrive Market or by using the links in the recipe to Amazon, or visiting Sprouts.
- 2 cups almond flour
- 1/2 cup tapioca flour (plus 2 Tbsp if using the molasses)
- 1Tbsp pumpkin spice
- 1tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 large eggs-beaten
- 1 cup organic pumpkin puree
- 3 Tbsp. melted butter or coconut oil or olive oil
- 1/4 cup blackstrap molasses (optional-see note below)
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees fahrenheit.
- Line a loaf pan with parchment paper.
- Mix all the dry ingredients together in a large mixing bowl
- Mix the wet ingredients in a medium bowl and add to the dry ingredients
- Pour the batter into the loaf pan and cook for 50-60 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
Note: I like using molasses because it adds just a bit of sweetness, it’s kind of old fashion, and it adds a few extra minerals to the mix, including magnesium, calcium, iron and potassium. If you do use the molasses, then add an additional 2 Tbsp. of tapioca flour.
A bit of trivia: Do you know where blackstrap molasses comes from? It comes from sugar cane or the sugar beet and is the final by-product of the third boiling cycle in the sugar making process. The blackstrap variety contains the least amount of sugar and has the highest concentration of vitamins and minerals.
(Disclosure, I’m an Amazon and Thrive Market affiliate and will earn a few $ when you use my links and thank you!)