RUTABAGA AND CAULIFLOWER PUREE
- 3 medium rutabagas, scrubbed, peeled and cubed
- 1 head cauliflower, chopped into large pieces
- 2 gloves garlic, peeled
- Approximately 1/3 cup half-and-half or to keep things Paleo, use coconut milk.
- 3 oz (3/4 stick) Kerrygold or organic butter, softened
- 1 tsp Real salt
- freshly ground black pepper, to taste
Bring a large pot of water to the boil. Add rutabaga and boil about 20 minutes, until almost tender. Add in cauliflower and garlic and continue to boil until both rutabaga and cauliflower are very soft but not falling apart. Drain VERY well and transfer hot rutabaga and cauliflower to the bowl of a food processor fitted with the blade attachment.
Pulse rutabaga and cauliflower until well chopped. Open the processor top and drop in softened butter, process the puree until very smooth. With blade running, add just enough milk though food processor’s feed tube to allow puree to blend smoothly. You may need a little less or a little more than ½ cup depending on the size of your vegetables. Don’t add too much or the puree will be runny. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Top with chopped parsley for garnish.
The golden hue of the rutabaga give this dish a creamy rich color.
May be made up to one day ahead and reheated. Serve piping hot.