Makes 6-12 muffins
Move over Starbucks! Just one of these muffins in the morning will hold you over until lunch, no problem! They’re chock full of fiber, protein and taste! Spread bit of grass fed (Kerrygold) butter on and you’re all set to go. These gems are Paleo legal and keep your insulin levels low! Why is that important? Because insulin is a fat storing hormone and none of us want to be laying down more fat!
1 ½ cup almond flour
1 Tbsp arrowroot or coconut flour
1 ½ cup flax seed meal
1/3 cup coconut flakes (optional)
2 tsp inulin *(optional)
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
1 tsp Real Salt
½ cup sunflower seeds
1/3 cup applesauce
2 Tbsp honey, molasses, or maple syrup
1 tsp fresh lemon juice
1 Tbsp olive oil
¼ cup coconut milk
1 1/4 cups fresh or thawed and well drained frozen blueberries
- In a large bowl combine almond flour, flax meal, arrowroot or coconut flour, inulin, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt and sunflower seeds.
- In a food processor or blender, blend eggs, applesauce, honey, lemon juice, olive oil, and coconut milk on high speed until very smooth.
- Mix wet ingredients into dry and blueberries and mix together
- Spoon batter into lined (cupcake liners or parchment paper) or greased muffin tins or silicone muffin tins.
- Bake at 350°F for 20-25 minutes
*Inulin is made from chicory root and has a sweet taste. It’s a resistant starch that supports the health of the colon and feeds your good bacteria.
This recipe hits on all cylinders for anti-aging foods with the blueberries, sunflower seeds, good fats, and non-grain! Enjoy!