Trying to get pregnant?
Holistic Preconception and Prenatal Care
The childbearing year is a special and exciting time for a woman and her partner. It’s accompanied by amazing physical and emotional transitions which often call for extra support and reassurance.
I provide adjunct care for pregnant women who already have an OB/GYN or midwife as their primary provider but desire holistic guidance to optimize their health and the health of a precious new life.
This additional care for health prior and during pregnancy helps to prevent complications, keeps you glowing and comfortable, and gets your baby off to a strong beginning.
Reasons for Seeking Care:
- Fertility support
- Repair the digestive system prior to conception, including issues such as constipation, diarrhea, heartburn, gas and bloating, IBS, SIBO
- Address allergies and eczema
- Enhance the detoxification systems
- Get a handle on diabetes and blood sugar issues
- Prevent and closely monitor thyroid dysregulation
- Get support for low energy and poor sleep
- Reduce anxiety and depression
- Gynecological issues like vaginal infections, urinary tract infections, and menstrual irregularities including PCOS
- Receive care for each trimester of your pregnancy
- Postpartum support for mood, energy, and breastfeeding
- Creating the best possible environment to grow baby
Preparing for pregnancy is probably the single most important investment you can make for easy conception, a wonderful full-term pregnancy, and a happy healthy baby.
Preconception care includes:
- Initial (90 minutes) preferably 6-12 months before conception
- Complete health history work-up
- Recommendation of lab work to determine nutrient status, toxic load, and genetic predispositions.
- Individualized nutrition and supplementation plan
- Addressing digestive issues, including IBS, yeast, SIBO
- Addressing anxiety and depression
- Evaluating Thyroid health (affects ability to conceive and maintain pregnancy)
- Fertility issues
- Stress-reduction techniques
Tier 1 Package: Includes initial 90 minute visit, one subsequent 50 minute consult and three coaching sessions. This package is for the woman who feels pretty confident that her body is ready to conceive but would like to make sure she’s covered all the bases and is ready. $465
Tier 2 Package: Includes 1st initial 90 minute consultation, three 50 minute consults and two coaching sessions. This package is for the woman who wants a little extra care and help with digestion, weaning off of medications, infrequent periods, thyroiditis, and/or difficulty becoming pregnant. $595
A La Carte: This is for the woman who likes to put her toes in the water before making a commitment.
Initial Consultation: $250
50 minute follow-up: $120
30 minute follow-up: $70
All consultations and coaching are available virtually (phone or zoom) or in person.
(Please note that you do not have to decide on a package before we start. And you can always choose the A La Carte route, paying as you go.)
Prepare your body for the most magical time in your life
- 1st visit-introductory consultation (1 1/2 hours)-a complete history taken
- 2nd visit in the first 12 weeks
- Support for nausea, vomiting, fatigue, constipation and headaches.
- Stress reduction
- Optimal nutrition recommendations for pregnancy
- Monitor thyroid levels
- Additional individualized recommendations
- Individual supplement plan based on labs and health issues
- Consultation at 20 weeks
- Fine-tune diet after the 1st trimester
- Gestational diabetes prevention
- Considering a doula for your birth
- Two visits: at 30 weeks and at 36 weeks
- Support for leg cramps, insomnia, heartburn and back pain
- How to cultivate healthy vaginal bacteria leading up to the GBS test and birth
- Discussion about Vitamin K, Hepatitis B vaccine
- Preparing for the birth of your baby
- Meet with parenting coach to help create a good parenting partnership
- Discussion of vaccines offered to baby during 1st year.
- Two visits in the first 4-5 weeks and at 6-7 weeks
- Optimal diet and supplements while breastfeeding
- Explaining mastitis and natural treatments to avoid antibiotics
- Healing after birth, physically and emotionally
- Transitioning to motherhood
- Introduction to the vaccinations offered at your 2 month pediatrician appointment.
Prenatal and Postpartum Care is available as a 12-month Annual Membership at $49/month and a $150 enrollment fee for an initial amount paid of $199.
You may also receive care on an as-needed basis at A La Carte pricing.
All consultations are available in person or virtually.