Holistic Preconception and Prenatal Care
I provide adjunct care for pregnant women who already have an OB/GYN or midwife as their primary provider but desire holistic guidance to optimize their health and the health of a precious new life.
This additional care for health prior and during pregnancy helps to prevent complications, keeps you glowing and comfortable, and gets your baby off to a strong beginning.
The childbearing year is a special and exciting time for a woman and her partner. It’s accompanied by amazing physical and emotional transitions which often call for extra support and reassurance.
Reasons for Seeking Care:
- Preconception care for couples-preparing for pregnancy ( 3 months-1 year prior to conception)
- Fertility support
- Repair the digestive system prior to conception, including issues such as constipation, diarrhea, heartburn, gas and bloating, IBS, SIBO
- Address allergies and eczema
- Enhance the detoxification systems
- Get a handle on diabetes and blood sugar issues
- Prevent and closely monitor thyroid dysregulation
- Get support for low energy and poor sleep
- Reduce anxiety and depression
- Gynecological issues like vaginal infections, urinary tract infections, and menstrual irregularities including PCOS
- Receive care for each trimester of your pregnancy
- Postpartum support for mood, energy, and breastfeeding
Preparing for pregnancy is probably the single most important investment you can make for easy conception, a wonderful full-term pregnancy, and a happy healthy baby.
Preconception care includes:
- 1st visit (90 minutes) preferably 6-12 months before conception
- Complete health history work-up
- Recommendation of lab work to determine nutrient status, toxic load, and genetic predispositions.
- Individualized nutrition and supplementation plan
- Addressing digestive issues, including IBS, yeast, SIBO
- Addressing anxiety and depression
- Thyroid health (affects ability to conceive and maintain pregnancy)
- Fertility issues
- Stress-reduction techniques
Tier 1 Package: Includes initial 90 minute visit, one subsequent 1-hour visit and three 30-minute visits. This package is for the woman who feels pretty confident that her body is ready to conceive but would like to make sure she’s covered all the bases. $395
Tier 2 Package: Includes 1st initial 90 minute visit, 3 subsequent one hour visits and two 30 minute visits. This package is for the woman who wants a little extra care and help with digestion, weaning off of medications, infrequent periods, thyroiditis, and/or difficulty becoming pregnant. $575
A La Carte: This is for the woman who likes to put her toes in the water before making a commitment.
Initial Consultation: $250
50 minute follow-up: $120
30 minute follow-up: $70
(Please note that you do not have to decide on a package before we start. And you can always choose the A La Carte route, paying as you go.)
Prepare your body for the most magical time in your life
3 TRIMESTERS AND POSTPARTUM
- 1st visit-introductory consultation (1 1/2 hours)-a complete history taken
- 2nd visit in the first 12 weeks
- Support for nausea, vomiting, fatigue, constipation and headaches.
- Stress reduction
- Optimal nutrition recommendations for pregnancy
- Monitor thyroid levels
- Additional individualized recommendations
- Individual supplement plan based on labs and health issues
- One visit at 20 weeks
- Fine-tune diet after the 1st trimester
- Gestational diabetes prevention
- Considering a doula for your birth
- Two visits: at 30 weeks and at 36 weeks
- Support for leg cramps, insomnia, heartburn and back pain
- How to cultivate healthy vaginal bacteria leading up to the GBS test and birth
- Vitamin K, Erythromycin eye ointment, Hepatitis B vaccine
- Preparing for the birth of your baby
- Two visits in the first 4-5 weeks and at 6-7 weeks
- Optimal diet and supplements while breastfeeding
- Explaining mastitis and natural treatments to avoid antibiotics
- Healing after birth, physically and emotionally
- Transitioning to motherhood
- Introduction to the vaccinations offered at your 2 month pediatrician appointment.
Prenatal and Postpartum Care is available as a 12-month Annual Membership at $49/month and a $75 enrollment fee for an initial amount paid of $124.
You may also receive care on an as-needed basis at A La Carte pricing.